Advocacy for your family’s bright future.

What Your Child Needs

Every parent wants what is best for their child. You want to give your kids a good place to live and stability. To do that, you deserve the support of your child’s other parent. Securing that assistance can be difficult, but you do not have to pursue this all on your own.

At my firm, Pamela Fero Law, PLLC, I help parents with their child-centered family law questions. People in Fort Lauderdale and around South Florida come to me because they know I am a divorce lawyer who will work with them compassionately. I understand Florida’s law and can explain what you need to know to make the right decisions for your family.

Custody And Support Decisions Look To Your Child’s Best Interests

Throughout all family law matters, the single most important aspect of any child custody or support issue is what improves your child’s life. The court looks at the following factors in your child’s life:

  • Education
  • Safety
  • Resources
  • Connections
  • Mental health
  • Medical needs

After closely reviewing those necessities, a judge will decide on custody. Those same factors will be part of the child support calculation.

Joint Custody, Parenting Plans And Schedules

Florida prefers that parents have a joint custody agreement. This often takes the form of a parenting plan that clearly outlines the rules for custody, which Florida calls time-sharing. Some families split holidays and school breaks. Some families split up the time with children on a weekly rotation.

The specifics of your custody schedule are up to you and your former spouse. As your attorney, I advocate for your needs as I understand them.

The Pursuit Of Peace Of Mind

My top priority is finding a solution that works for you and your ex. I want to help you get to a place where you can relax regarding the child-centered issues of your divorce. It isn’t always easy, but I’ll be there with you.

Call me for a free phone consultation at 954-228-6361. You can also schedule a meeting with my office by using this online form.